Neurological Childrens Physiotherapy
Our children’s physiotherapists have specialist skills and experience in the treatment of babies, children, adolescents and the transition years into adult life.
We offer child physio covering Burntwood, Lichfield, Hednesford, Sutton. We can visit at home, school, nursery or college (click here for areas covered ). Whichever environment best meets your needs.
We offer physiotherapy for those children not only with diagnosed conditions, but also to help with any concerns over normal development.
If you have concerns about your childs’ physical development, or about meeting their milestones such as sitting, crawling and walking, we are able to offer an assessment and second opinion as to whether physiotherapy may help.
Commonly treated conditions include:
- Spina Bifida
- Cerebral Palsy
- Downs Syndrome
- Walking difficulties
- Developmental delay
- Acquired Brain Injury
- Post Selective Dorsal Rhizotomy
- Other conditions, please contact us
Following a thorough child physio assessment, your therapist will devise a treatment programme specifically for their needs. This may include:
- Facilitation of normal development
- Specific strengthening exercises
- Specific Stretching Programme
- Splinting and orthotic advice and referral. Attendance at these appointments.
- Balance and walking re-education
- Spasticity management
- Attendance at medical appointments
- Organising specialist equipment / home adaptions
- Advice on, and attendance at wheelchair appointments
- Liaising with other professionals involved in your childs’ care
- Aquatic Therapy (own pool required) or attendance at local warm pool to devise and implement a pool programme.
We offer Child physio Burntwood Lichfield Hednesford Sutton